Follow by Email

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Aug 25

Holy cow I can't believe how many people are getting married! It is wonderful! Care package...I dont really need anything. In all honesty. Im perfectly content. I just want to clean the bathroom in my house....but you can't help with that. I'm happy to hear how the work of salvation moves forward there. We have the leadership here to make a ward already as well. There are like 30 active men with the melquezidec priesthood. This week has been fun. Lots of good work. We have 3 people preparing for baptism right now and we are looking for more. Its a beatuful thing to be in a place where the members are solid and want to grow. I am 100% sure this branch will just keep growing. On Sunday we had a meeting with President Caffaro and a Stake counselor to discuss the mission work in the stake. There is much to improve. But we are getting there little by little. It was a little bit of a frustrating weekend finding out that people arent going to be baptized anymore and tons of recent converts arent coming to church. We have our work cut out for us. In the mission we must always woek to baptize. That is what we were called to do. But our mission pres has been feeling a lot since he got here that the Lord wont give us more baptisms if we cant keep those we baptize in the Church progressing. And once we can do that the baptisms will come. Ill tell you what I really love this work. It pushes you to the limits if we are doing it like we should, but then forges us and strengthens us. We get to recieve lots of inspiration as missionaries. And really we can for any one of our responsibilities but I dont it is quite the same as being a missionary. And with my copmanion we recieve inspiration for the zone. I love it! I love Proverbs 29:18. It is puro cierto. WIthout profecia. I dont know what it says in english, things just fall apart. Look at the government. It is a mess. In every part of the world. The priesthood is organized as Gods government. And where there are righteous men and women recieving inspiration for their respective responsibilities, things work. The only Living Church is a standing witness of that. And it is simply miraculous. I am learning about friends going to various parts of the world, and it is astounding to me how incredibly organized the Lords Church manages to be considering we are all imperfect mortals working in it. I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ. Not just because it bears HIs name, but because it also bears his authority. His authority that seeks no gain (1 Tim 3:3, 8). Thank you parents for being firm and steadfast while raising 7 crazy children. Your years of work have helped me immeasurably to come unto Christ. I love you family! (and friends too)
Elder McFire   

No comments:

Post a Comment