Follow by Email

Monday, August 18, 2014

Aug. 11

Holy cow that was a ton of information. Life is so crazy sometimes. It's exciting. Next week I won't be writing until Friday. Right now I'm exhausted from playing soccer and just working really hard. So I am in the biggest branch in the world. We had 221 people in church Sunday. I have no idea why its still a branch. It's awesome!   The members are rockin and the branch president is all about progress. We had 2 baptisms this weekend. I will be baptizing more here definitely. The whole area just seems ideal for families. It's peaceful (mostly) haha. I'm serving as zone leader with my companion from Ecuador. Third in a row haha. He is great. Very calm. I have learned a lot already. It was really quite a crazy week. On Tuesday we got to the house and planned for an hour and a half and got to work. And in the night there is no time whatsoever. On Wednesday I went on exchanges to do 3 baptismal interviews. The next morning went straight to a meeting for district and zone leaders with the assistants. And from there had exchanges with our district leader so he could do our baptisimal  interviews. And I didn't know the area well enough to stay either time. And friday morning went straight to the MIssion council with President Caffaro. Left wednesday morning and got back friday afternoon. It was an adventure. I got to know basically the whole zone really fast form traveling or exchanges, so that was good. The work never stops. My comp is sick so we had to go in search of a cure Saturday and Sunday we had the baptism etc. So hopefully today before p day ends I will be able to unpack. I'm just saying everything how it is right now. I'm really tired. I am happy. Excited. I am going to be able to learn a ton. Serve a lot. On Friday president (still very new) made it very clear that things needs to improve. I am very excited for the future with him. We focused a ton on setting the culture of the mission focused on obedience. Starting with the leaders. He is a great leader and taught us about leadership. One thing that really worries him is the amount of people who get baptized who don't stay in the church. He gets stuff done. I'm really excited to be here. I love it. It is more in the city but traveling to the places inside the capital takes longer than it did to get to the capital from my other areas. Traffic...we are going to see miracles here. The people are wonderful. It's way way different than my last area. I love you all! Keep blessing others. 
Elder Mc 

No comments:

Post a Comment