Follow by Email

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Feb 17



This week was the last for my  companion in the mission. And I have not been judging him or being impatient but he has definately been showing in our numbers. We taught like 4 lessons this week compared to normally well teach about 20. But I still love him and Ill miss him. I get my new comp tomorrow....nervous and excited. I'm staying in my area though which I'm happy about. I wrote you a letter with more details about everything, but last week on Monday we went exploring trying to find another cave. It was a very fun time. Beautiful. On Thursday we had a multi zone conference with President Stay and Elder Ochoa of the second quorum of the Seventy (Luke 10). It was amazing. Details in the letter. On Friday I had divisions with my zone leader Elder Serafin, and we had to go to the Sisters area and observe and help them because they asked the zone leaders to do that. It was kind of weird, but it was good. We contacted a family and walked with them to their house and taught them there. We didn't have much to do there and we did our best doing what we know how to do, and the Lord blessed the Sisters with a new family to help teach and baptize. One thing Elder Ochoa stressed to us is that as missionaries, everything we do is to baptize and retain. Everything. That shows how important baptism and activity in the church is. After that we taught a family in my area with the bishop. They are so solid. They are very in tune with the Spirit, and want to follow the Savior. We are planning on baptizing their daughter who has been to church twice now, on the 8th of march. She took notes in Gospel Principles, and loves it, and isn't a member, and no one else including myself took notes! It was amazing to see that from my perspective. i really believe if I get a companion who wants to work and be obedient (both of those things are necessary) we can bring more people to the Holy waters of baptism to join the kingdom of God. On Saturday I had divisions again, and we taught a man who we haven't been able to find very consistently. But we found him, and he has only read a chapter of the Book of Mormon and already believes its true. The people here are just so spiritual. Its amazing. he hasnt been able to go to church though. Hopefully he will be baptized in march. On Sunday we had divisions agin so my comp could say goodbye to people, and the poor new white kid I was with was sick. So we spent sunday afternoon in the house, but we were supposed to walk down to my area, and had no way to talk to anyone because the phones werent working yesterday, so 4 of us ended up sleeping ion their house last night. I slept on a box spring. Thats the thing you put under a mattress right? It was actually quite comfortable. Just cold without a blankeet. But it was a cool first experience. Love you so much! IM happy and well and enjoying my life as a missionary tremendously. 
Love your son pal bro etc. Elder Mc
ps-gram, your story about the lady who elder johnson taught is super cool. Its going in my journal

No comments:

Post a Comment