Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jan 27

ar mom, this week was so good. So so good. On Wednesday Elder Ochoa, Elder Duncan, Elder Suarez, Elder Amado and Elder Cook came, and they spoke to our mission, East and Central. There were so many missionaries there and it was great. The Spirit was so strong. The singing and special musical numbers really brought the Spirit. One of the easiest ways for me to have my testimony confirmed is to listen to leaders of the Lords church. They are inspired. I learned to really become a part of the ward where ‘m at. To improve my prayers. To plan even better. To walk with even more purpose. I am so excited to have a companion one day (if not in the mission, my wife) who shares my desire to improve and work. Cause I truly desire that. I went divisions on Wednesday and then again with the ZL, both in my area. Both days we worked so hard, and it 2 of the best days of mission. I was so happy, and we were able to do so much. Even though on Wednesday almost all of our plans fell through, we kept searching and searching, working and working. Walking fast, trying to be smart. And when we had given our all, the Lord led us to a new investigator who seems really ready for the Gospel. And then for the next appointment with our investigator with a baptismal date, her family who are members told us she didn’t want to learn anymore. We needed a man to accompany us with them, and he didn’t show up either so we couldn’t go in to try to see what was going on. We went to a pay phone, confused and worried we messed up because we hadn’t been able to visit her for a little while. And the man we needed didn’t answer. We went back to the house to tell them we couldn’t come that day, and we wouldn’t have anything to do really. And all of a sudden the man shows up. We enter, still wondering what’s up. Her family tellsher we were there and she was just like, oh ok I ‘ll be there soon. Easy as that. We had to be diligent to make that happen. We had to be obedient and not enter the house without a man. And then we had done our best the Lord provided, and now she is doing great and getting ready to be baptized the 8th of Feb. My poor mission president has tons and tons of missionaries who don’t want to work. Don’t want to see miracles, don’t want to do their best. But we’re getting a new president in July, and judging by the resume we read of him, he seems like the kind of man who will whip this mission in to shape. I am beginning to understand a bit how Heavenly Father feels when we disobey. Love for people, but sadness for their decisions. After those 2 amazing days it was hard to adjust to a slower pace again with my comp, but I’m back in the groove again, and I have more time to study. Whatever the situation, as long as ‘m doing my best, it’s what the Lord wants, and I’m learning a lot. Love you so much! 

Elder Mc 

No comments:

Post a Comment