Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ryan's 3rd week in the field/birthday week

My dear mother. Things are wonderful here. Its hard. Real hard. Especially fasting twice in a week. But we have our first baptism this Saturday and are finding more people to teach. It is difficult to get people to listen to the message of the Restoration with their hearts, and really all we can do is our best to help them feel the Spirit, and many people have hardened their hearts because theyve all been taught opposite of a lot of teachings like the apostacy all their lives *and everyone really does go to church when they say they got to church*. I am trying to learn more pateince and love for my companion. And also how to still be me. Ryan McFadyen as a friend reminded me. It is surprisingly difficult to do because in reality this is the most serious work on the planet. Bringing souls unto salvation. And yet its the happiest and so im learning. My companion is very serious most of the time, and Im guessing im a trial for him, and I dont understand so many things, but in the end hes a really good trainer. I think the lack of communication is what is hard. And Im not good at being humorous in Spanish yet. Sorry if i didnt respond to anyone by the way,  i dont have much more time and had a lot to read, which im grateful for. I love getting ashleys pictures, and if other people have something cool to share, a picture really is worth a thousand words. I really appreciate all the emails though. I like to hear about your lives than to write about mine but im not totally selfish and illl write you a little. So Sunday was a really good day. The bus broke for a little bit on the way up the mountain to church in the next town and we were late as always. Hopefully next Sunday we can break the trend. And even though we only have our one investigator come to church, like 6 inactives came! And in testimony meeting the people were so eager to bear their testimonies, and there wasnt time for everyone who wanted to to bear theirs. I love the ward. There arent many people who have time to help us teach, but those who can are very supportive. But thats one of the hardest things, is that we rarely have members teaching with us because so few members live in our area, so few (as in like 1% of the members) have cars, and those that do live around us work til late at night. But I really do think we will have more success as we work harder. My teacher in the CCM was very influential to me and she challenged us to become consecrated missionaries. If anyone has advice different than what Elder Tad R McCallister said in his talk about that, id love to hear how i can improve.On Sunday also I could see the volcan de agua super well (normally its covered by clouds) but i forgot my camera to show you all the pics. One of these days im going to show you many pictures. Some of them are killer. Even with my camera. Oh, I will write the Masons a later! I loved theirs! Thanks! And thanks grandma too! Sometimes \i feel overwhelmed with how uch there is to do like reply to people but I dont have time and so i Dont know what to say. One day there was ultra frequent lightning and the sky was lit up for so long. it was so sweet. i love the storms here. i loooooove the weather. its not hot. its perfect. i love you mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment